Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Seeing Green

I have been going spray paint crazy lately! If you have followed my personal blog you would know that I have recently added on a whole first floor to our home. We are loving it and I am enjoying getting to decorate new spaces. We have a lot of brown, tan, and white going on and I have been dying to add more color. I decided to add some green in the living room and dining room. Spray paint was the obvious choice! So easy!
First I spray painted two vases. They were standard vases that you get from florist. I think I have 4!
This is what it looked like at first…
DSC05593(rev 1)
After a very quick coat of white!
DSC05594(rev 1)
For now it is in our Dining Room!
DSC05617(rev 1)DSC05618(rev 1)
I painted another one moss green and fell in love with the color.
DSC05605(rev 1)
It found a home on one of our bookshelves in the Living Room…
DSC05634(rev 1)
Notice the other splash of green? I had these votive candle holders from Southern Living and thought they would be easy to change…
DSC05595(rev 1)DSC05611(rev 1)
Then on to the candle holders…There are 2 of these on our mantle and they turned out so good!
DSC05599(rev 1)DSC05598(rev 1)
This is not a very good picture, but they are lovely in person! HA! I just need to get white candles and the look will be complete.DSC05612(rev 1)
The I had so many black iron pieces in our original house and I needed a change! This scrolly thing was painted black and placed in the kitchen. Again I was unable to get any good pictures b/c of the bright lights, but it is my FAVORITE!

DSC05601(rev 1)DSC05602(rev 1)DSC05622(rev 1)
I hope you enjoyed this little spray painting adventure!! Come back next Tuesday for fun with wine corks!!
Robyn

7 comments:

Meg said...

Great job! Love how you're using stuff you already have, it's even more green :)

Southern Sisters said...

great job love the green

Amy Cluck said...

Good ideas. I used to have a ton of those vases lying around! Would have been a cool project for them.

Southern Sisters said...

Inspiration! I am loving it.
christy

Dana Fox said...

nice! you went spray paint crazy! haha. everything looks great though! and I would loveeee having a second floor put on and getting to decorate all over again!
xox dana
thewonderforest.com

Miki said...

I love the green vase; it looks awesome! And how cool of you to have a blog with your sisters! Funny thing, tomorrow we're launching a blog I'm running together with 2 friends! :)

Hi, Carrie's sisters! ;D

Anonymous said...

What a great shade of green! Love it! Keep the inspiration coming!