Monday, August 22, 2011

Tomato Pie


 Hey my name is Carrie this here little blog is about me and my sisters we will share all of our passions with each of you every week!

 Monday~ I will share with you home decor, crafts and southern cooking

Tuesday~Robyn will post about kids, crafts, books and much much more

Wednesday~Christy will post about fashion and entertainment

Thursday~Book Reviews and Guest post

Friday~Friday's Favorite we will all share our favorite links, blogs, pictures and etc. for the week

So without further adieu I would like to share with you a southern favorite 

Tomato Pie


If any of you have a garden right now I am sure you are like me trying to figure out what to do with all those tomatoes will here is the answer!!!

1 large ripe tomato or 2 med size
1 Vidalia onion (chopped)
1/2 cup of mayo (Dukes if you can find it) or less if you don't care for so much
1/4 cup of shredded chedder and shredded mozzarella
fresh basil chopped (about 10 leaves)
frozen pie crust

blanch the tomatoes and peel let them drain in a colander for about thirty minutes with salt. Slice and drain on paper towels for another thirty minutes. Follow directions on pie crust to prebake make sure you do this part. Now layer those tomato slices, onions and basil. Mix together mayo and cheeses spread this on top using the back of the spoon helps with this process.

Bake 30 minutes at 350 its really good at room temp

I really hope ya'll enjoy this recipe 
Carrie

5 comments:

Catherine said...

What a fun blog, and Carrie that pie looks yum! Thanks for sharing!

Robyn Beele said...

Carrie the pie was awesome and I don't even like tomatoes!

Becky Farley said...

:)Yay!!! You gals are all so pretty!!! I'm stoked you started this!

Southern Sisters said...

thanks Cat and Becky

Anonymous said...

Looking forward to following the Southern Sisters on their adventures! Congrats on the new blog!